MTK based phones

Mielczarczyk Marcin marcin.mielczarczyk at tieto.com
Mon Nov 28 08:29:25 UTC 2011

On 11/27/2011 08:13 AM, Harald Welte wrote:

> All of this, once again, quite amazing work you've been pulling off.  I
> really regret that nobody (including myself) has ever since picked up on
> it :(

I don't receive it like that. Thanks to this I had motivation to switch
to baseband part which was always black box for me. I learned probably
more investigating and implementing than by analyzing code. It's still
in my ambition to get MTK L1 working together with Linux.
Especially that MT6516 has some parts similar to old family of MT62xx
and we could have a way forward.

>> Unfortunately I couldn't find time to work on that due to my professional
>> work.
>
> We can all understand that, but it's a real pity...

I'd like to get back to this work and as you see we have new people
coming so maybe we'll be able to get it rolling again.

BR,
Marcin