OsmocomBB on Motorola W220

Steve Markgraf steve at steve-m.de
Sat Nov 19 21:04:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 19.11.2011 21:19, Alan Carvalho de Assis wrote:

> After some search I discovered the uart is disabled by software, some
> firmware version let users to enable it after entering on engineering
> mode (*#**372#), unfortunately my firmware doesn't have this option at
> eng. mode.

The phone doesn't use the Compal ramloader (it is manufactured by
Chi-Mei), but it uses the Calypso romloader.

however, the Si4210 GSM transceiver it uses is currently unsupported in
osmocom.
Feel free to write a driver for it though, the register-level datasheet
is floating around somewhere.

Regards,
Steve