RMS / FSF / OsmocomBB / Free Software GSM phone

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon May 2 18:36:13 UTC 2011

Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> > it would be the first mobile phone that he himself would be able
> > to use
>
> Well, if you're extremist about it, there is still the DSP.

Yes why I wanted to have a go at making modem. Unfortunately not top
priority, so it's going real slow. (But tomorrow I'll make some RF
tests with real simple trx and soft modems. Fun!)

> Not much we can do about it without making our own ASIC tough :p

Getting a modem to work at all would be the first step anyway, then
optimize for size and cost, ideally of course reusing cheap hardware
already on the market.

//Peter