bcch_scan initialization and L1

weberbe at ee.ethz.ch weberbe at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Mar 23 18:14:29 UTC 2011

Hi everbody

I'm currently working on a project at our university where we are
trying to connect bcch_scan with our existing hardware/software. The
latter consists of L1 implementation partly in hardware and partly in
software. The software part is also used to provide the interface
towards bcch_scan. So far, the software interface does not do much it
just provides the necessary domain sockets and dumps everything it
receives from bcch_scan.
Now, my question is whether there is some kind of initialization
sequences sent from bcch_scan to the phone. And is there any other
info you can provide about the messages sent from bcch_scan to the
phone and the other way round? Naturally, I tried to find this out
myself by looking though the source but didn't get very far.

Oh and by the way, the ultimate goal of this project is that we can
use bcch_scan to test our L1 hardware. This would be pretty cool

Thanks in advance
Benjamin