openmoko problem

Pierre Pronchery khorben at defora.org
Thu Mar 3 19:02:40 UTC 2011

			Hi,

On 03/03/2011 18:19, suraev at stud.ntnu.no wrote:

> I'm having troubles running osmocom on neo freerunner:

make sure you check this page:
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/CalypsoRomloader

> When I run osmocon - it waits endlessly completely ignoring power cycle:

In my case I found that it was enough to use two separate terminals, and
then:
1. # echo 0 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
1. # osmocon -p /dev/ttySAC0 -m romload firmware.bin
2. # echo 1 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on

(actually you can even adapt this to use only one terminal with some
shell trickery)

anyway, with this done, in my case the modem was catching up the magic
sequence and downloading code as required.

Here, I've been using the internal serial connectivity to the
Freerunner; it works through the headphones port the same way if you prefer.

HTH,
--
khorben