Calypso JTAG

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jun 8 06:48:16 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 01:50:46AM +0200, Drasko DRASKOVIC wrote:

> did anyone succeeded on attaching to JTAG port of Calypso ?
>
> I was looking at the docs here :
> http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/MotorolaC123, especially this :
> http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/attachment/wiki/MotorolaC123/compal_testpads.png,
> so I was wondering if someone has used JTAG, specifficaly with OpenOCD
> or UrJTAG ?

I think I remember somebody had experimented with OpenOCD, and there was
some problem related to the initial reset of the CPU. Something
regarding the PLL setup, perhaps?  But apart from that, it seemed to be
working.

(of course only on those phones that expose JTAG, which specifically is
 _not_ the C123 we have seen, but only C115, C117 and C155).

I don't remember who did that, though.  Let's hope they still read this
list and respond separately.

We didn't really make use of it as most people have C123, and also we
have not really needed it during our development of the existing code.