Testing protocol stack with OsmocomBB (cheap way)

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 22:44:21 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 8:56 AM,  <weberbe at ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
> As this is all you want just use the signal from any commercial BTS in your
> area. OsmocomBB is able to capture System Information Messages and Paging
> Requests and forward the content to Wireshark.

Hi weberbe,
can you explain in some more details how this can be done ?

So far I did not succeed to attach to any cell, not to get some packets from it.

At which moment can we observe the packets which are coming :
1) During the initial measurements or
2) Only after we attach to a cell

What should be set up, what applications run and in which order to
obtain some packet logging in Wireshark.

I am running master branch - so, no SIM working.

Best regards,
Drasko