Fwd: Cell_log > gsmmap

Dario Lombardo dario.lombardo at libero.it
Fri Jan 28 13:20:58 UTC 2011

On 01/25/2011 12:34 PM, n0p [Luis Bernal] wrote:
> let the GPS warm up, maybe it just needs to start tracking the sats,
> or add a printf to dump what data is coming from the GPS

I still can't make the gps working. In gps.c the line from serial port
is parsed to find $GPGLL. My device doesn't give this line. These are
the lines that it gives me

$GPGGA
$GPGSA
$GPGSV
$GPRMC

$GPGGA should give the position as $GPGLL should, but the software
doesn't use it. Is it correct to say that the positioning data could be
taken from different NMEA data? If yes, is it reasonable to add the
support for other messages?