Motorola usb cable

Dario Lombardo dario.lombardo at libero.it
Wed Jan 19 11:45:20 UTC 2011

Hello everydoby
I have Motorola-branded prolific usb cable. This cable, once inserted in
a port, claims to be a 0307 chipset adapter, and Linux kernel doesn't
recognize it: not working. Someone told me that Motorola has changed the
label in those cables that claim to be 0307, but they are pl2303.
Does anyone have one of these cables working? I've tried many ways,
including udev, to make it work, but no success. My next step is to
recompile the kernel module, but I was wondering if someone has solved
it in another way.
Bye
Dario.