wiki: SIMReader Was: Sim on C115 & C118

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Tue Jan 18 20:42:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 11:21:19AM -0800, Bogdan Alecu wrote:
> Someone said that there should be two separate discussion lists - for users
> and dev - because there are newbie questions around. Well, I must tell you
> that I really did read the wiki, watched the presentations and so on and
> still couldn't find a complete guide on how to use Osmocom. As you can see,
> in the case above it wasn't at all my fault that the parameter was missing.
> Please don't jump to conclusions so quickly. My impression is that for an
> open-source project it seems to be more closed. If you did discover
> something then why not share?

I totally understand inpatiance of core developers with us newbies who
are trying to use this project for the first time.

As my appriciation for their's time on something I can allrady use I
decided to document SIMReader on wiki, so all blame on poor page quality
should go to me directly and not to project itself, I'm afraid :-)

However, I extended wiki page with additional steps to place your first
call on provider network, and I would appriciate feedback if this info
would help you get started.

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin