splitting the list into user and developer list

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Tue Jan 18 09:56:29 UTC 2011

Hi Sebastien,

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:28:47AM +0100, Sébastien Lorquet wrote:

> what about a baseband-users mailing list to keep this one free of the 'git'
> and 'make' help requests that keep coming?

I think the traffic on this list is not that high, and we should avoid
fragmenting the number of lists.  I did that with some projects in the past,
and didn't make particularly good experiences with it.

My suggestion would be for Sylvain, Andreas, Steve, myself and others to simply
refrain from answering the same question over and over again.  Either other
people from the community will respond to those kind of questions, or the
original poster may consider reading the archive if he doesn't get any
response.