Problem compiling OsmocomBB on BT4 RC2

quem tu quiseres quemtuquiseres1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 14 12:53:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

I just started playing around with this great project and am ashamed to say I'm
stumped with an annoying error when compiling.
I'm compiling on a Backtrack 4 RC2 (*buntu based distro) and that may be why I'm
having problems.
Basically I downloaded the proper packages as per the instructions on the wiki,
exported the PATH and all that, but when I run make I get this error:

cd shared/libosmocore/build-target && ../configure \
                        --host=arm-elf-linux --disable-vty
--enable-panic-infloop \
                        --disable-shared --disable-talloc --disable-tests \
                CC="arm-elf-gcc" CFLAGS="-Os -ffunction-sections
-I/root/GSM/osmocom-bb/src/target/firmware/include"
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in ".." "../.."
"../../.."
make: *** [shared/libosmocore/build-target/Makefile] Error 1

Attached is my config.log and you can see the PATH are there.

The error can be seen on this line in the log "configure:1766: error: cannot
find install-sh or install.sh in ".." "../.." "../../.."

Now i've checked to see if I have autoconf and automake installed (I do, I have
autoconf 2.61 and automake 1.10) since my searches on the internet seem to
indicate that maybe the problem.

Now I usually do all my own leg work and I read and read before asking
questions, but I'm afraid I can't resolve this on my own. Before I spend another
afternoon searching for the solution, I remembered to ask here.

Anyone have any hints on what I'm doing wrong? Do I need different automake or
autoconf versions?

Thanks and keep up the great work. It's been fascinating to watch the evolution
of GSM hacking these last few years.