GSM Codes with Osmocombb

Tim Ehlers osmocom at ehlers.info
Sun Jan 9 13:30:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm playing around with Osmocom for a while now. My final goal is to use
it as a stationary phone on a PC to be able to remotly control the phone.

I checked out the sylvain/testing tree, to use my SIM card and managed to
be able to make and receive calls. Very amazing so far. :-)

Now I tried to send GSM codes (like *#21#, oder *21*{NUMBER}#) to set and
unset call diverts. It seems, that "call 1 *21*{NUMBER}#" does not work.
Normal GSM cellphones seem to handle these codes not as a normal call.

Does anybody know how one could send GSM codes to the network?

Thanks

Tim