Motorola C116 experiment

Nico Golde osmocom at ngolde.de
Thu Feb 24 13:10:47 UTC 2011

Hi,
* Steve Markgraf <steve at steve-m.de> [2011-02-24 13:54]:
> On 24.02.2011 00:33, Thatsit wrote:
> >I had the same behavior with other phones when I tried it on a slow machine..
> >As the boot loader is VERY time critical I commented out the printf statements which
> >print the 'got x bytes from modem, data looks like' messages. Then it worked
> >even on my slow computer:-)
>
> Yes, agreed. But instead of removing the printf's (which really
> shouldn't consume that much time), not re-loading the file should
> save more time.
>
> Here's a small patch for trying that:
> http://www.steve-m.de/projects/osmocom/0001-osmocon-dont-reload.patch

Tried your patch since I suffer from the same problem.
Doesn't fix this for me though :/

read_file(../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/layer1.e88flash.bin): file_size=49196, hdr_len=4, dnload_len=49203
got 2 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00 81  ..
got 5 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b f6 02 00 41  ....A
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 01  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 40  @
Received PROMPT1 from phone, responding with CMD
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f6  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 41  A
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 43  C
Received PROMPT2 from phone, starting download
handle_write(): 4096 bytes (4096/49203)
handle_write(): 4096 bytes (8192/49203)
handle_write(): 4096 bytes (12288/49203)
handle_write(): 4096 bytes (16384/49203)
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f6  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 45  E
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 53  S
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 16  .
Received DOWNLOAD NACK from phone, something went wrong :(
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 66  f
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6d  m
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6c  l
Received FTMTOOL from phone, ramloader has aborted
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 65  e
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .

Any other idea?
Kind regards
Nico