in deep trouble

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:38:41 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Bogdan Alecu <b.alecu at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Make sure of the following:
> 1. Edit ~/.bashrc and put
>
> export PATH=$PATH:<YOURPATH>/install/bin , where "yourpath" is your full path to where
> arm-elf-gcc is located
>
> 2. restart your computer (sometimes it helps)
> 3. run the "make" under the same user that has the above path (no sudo make !!!)

Bogdan,
evidently there is a good reason why Wolfram's answer is as it is.

Evidently there is a http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/GettingStarted,
where evidently is written :
If your GCC binary that produces ARM code is not called arm-elf-gcc
you will need to invoke the following statement and provide the
basename of the toolchain with the ending -.
$ cd src
$ make -e CROSS_TOOL_PREFIX=arm-OTHER_NAME-

Evidently the person who posts questions like this did not read
Getting Started page (which is the most sane thing to do in the
beginning), nor understood this (or any other, if you want) mailing
list netiquette (which is by the way underlined here :
http://bb.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/PreliminaryRequirements).

I do not get how someone can miss this sentences from the OsmocomBB home page :
To get started, checkout the PreliminaryRequirements and then GettingStarted
unless he/she really do not care.

I strongly opt for Wolfram's kind of response on a questions like this
(at least it forces people read what they should have red in the first
place). Otherwise September will never end.

BR,
Drasko