Fwd: Cell_log > gsmmap

Dario Lombardo dario.lombardo at libero.it
Mon Feb 7 08:35:57 UTC 2011

On 02/01/2011 08:13 PM, Martin Hauke wrote:
> how about a proper gpsd-integration? I've some spare time in the end of
I took a look at the gpsd integration libs and these are my considerations:

PROS:
- lib seems easy to use and easy to integrate to existing osmocom code
- using gpsd avoids to parse lines directly and makes osmocom work with
any (gpsd-supported) device

CONS:
- the use of it makes the presence of gpsd necessary and creates a
dependancy from libgpsd when compiling
- if we use libgpsd, this is not backward-compatible with existing
serial parsing code

Finally, my opinion is that using gpsd is better then reading from the
port, so if the mantainers of the code agree with me I think I could
write the code.

Let me know.
Dario.