Creating a real usable phone using OsmocomBB

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 14:58:45 UTC 2011

Interesting. In Moscow WiMAX quality is very unstable, but 3G/UMTS works
pretty well. At least it's much faster then EDGE. Coverage is another
topic, but it's not that bad given that 3G is still being rolled out.
Having only this experience I expected similar situation in other major
cities. Apparently different history and background make their corrections.

--
Alexander Chemeris
Sent from my Android device. Sorry for my brevity.

On Dec 13, 2011 6:47 PM, "Peter Stuge" <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

Alexander Chemeris wrote:
> Excuse me for offtopic: I wonder why there is no 3G in Berlin? This
> lo...
Sorry - I was unclear. There are networks, but there is not nearly
enough capacity for all users. This isn't neccessarily because of
inadequate infrastructure, it may just be the best we can do with
the shared medium at the cost of what the market is prepared to pay.

When a Berlin friend visited Sweden his 3G USB modem LED was suddenly
shining with a color he had never seen before.

//Peter