Creating a real usable phone using OsmocomBB

Jay R. Worthington jayrworthington at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 23:59:08 UTC 2011

Hi Harald,

2011/12/11 Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org>

> If we don't at least get a 2G GSM cellphone implemented now, it will
> probably not happen before 2G networks become insignificant in large
> parts of the world.

what do you expect to happen from a legal standpoint? My guess would be
that the providers will fight an opensource firmware with every
firebreathing lawyer in der reach, and if they won't do that, RegTP (or
whatever they are call themself this week ;)) for sure will, a firmware
that would reject some evil RRLP queries can't be tolerated :-S