Creating a real usable phone using OsmocomBB

Andreas Eversberg andreas at eversberg.eu
Tue Dec 13 08:36:59 UTC 2011

Peter Stuge wrote:
>> Also, the current 'mobile' code probably needs to be split into the
>> > actual 'logic' code (L2, L3, cell [re]selection, etc.) and the
>> > 'application' part (the VTY based interface we have right now).
>>
> I think this is a great first step, and a very easy way to get
> involved for someone who is not yet so experienced with GSM, but
> already has a good understanding of C on PCs.

i think it would help if we look at the VTY commands and what they tell
the stack and what they receive as response. i suggest defining "MMI_*"
message primitves for an interface. other applications, like the UI
could use and connect to the same interface. (possibly other
applications like AT command interface) i suggest defining the if at 28c3.