R: Re: Problem with osmocon (beginner)

screaming-pain at libero.it screaming-pain at libero.it
Mon Apr 11 12:07:45 UTC 2011

Thank you Sylvain and Dario!

It was a cable problem, I bought a usb one and It works, the only problem is
that now I get a NACK,
I read it could be a timing problem and I tried to comment the printf as
suggested in a recent post, but it did not work.

This is what happens:

loretta at loretta-laptop:~/osmocom-bb/src/host/osmocon$ ./osmocon -p
/dev/ttyUSB0 -m c123xor ../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/hello_world.
e88loader.bin
got 2 bytes from modem, data looks like: 2f c8  /.
got 5 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b f6 02 00 41  ....A
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 01  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 40  @
Received PROMPT1 from phone, responding with CMD
read_file(../../target/firmware/board/compal_e88/hello_world.e88loader.bin):
file_size=19560, hdr_len=4, dnload_len=19567
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f6  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 41  A
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 43  C
Received PROMPT2 from phone, starting download
handle_write(): 1023 bytes (1023/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (1791/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (2559/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (3327/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (4095/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (4863/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (5631/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (6399/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (7167/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (7935/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (8703/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (9471/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (10239/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (11007/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (11775/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (12543/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (13311/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (14079/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (14847/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (15615/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (16383/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (17151/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (17919/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (18687/19567)
handle_write(): 768 bytes (19455/19567)
handle_write(): 112 bytes (19567/19567)
handle_write(): finished
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f6  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 45  E
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 53  S
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 16  .
Received DOWNLOAD NACK from phone, something went wrong :(
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 66  f
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6d  m
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 74  t
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6c  l
Received FTMTOOL from phone, ramloader has aborted
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 65  e
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 6f  o
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .

Most of the times though it just arrives to the handle_write():finished prints
out few  "got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: " lines
and it stops there

Do you have any suggestion? What should I check?

Thanks for your help,
Loretta