Problem with osmocon (beginner)

screaming-pain at libero.it screaming-pain at libero.it
Mon Apr 4 15:33:45 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I have been trying to load "hello world"  for hours with no joy so far :(
I am using Ubuntu Karmic and a motorola c115 my with a usb to serial and  mot
T191 cable.
I tried different -m options, most of the times nothing happens, though if I
play a bit with the earphone jack and the c115 start button
it seems some sort of communication starts and the each time I press the start
button I can read the following

got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: f1  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 06  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 72  r
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 82  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: bf  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 7d  }
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: fd  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 7f  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: a6  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 51  Q
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: d2  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 51  Q
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 0a  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 3a  :
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 02  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 4d  M
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: a3  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 14  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 1b  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .
got 1 bytes from modem, data looks like: 00  .

what is going on? can anyone help me to understand how to proceed?

I got once during my trials the message:

Received PROMPT1 from phone, responding with CMD

but I had a wrong file name so it just wrote it could not find the file :(
I know I am a disaster but  I would appreciate if someone could give a hint

Thanks you very much,
Loretta