L1 TCH code status

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 13:55:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

Just a quick update for those that don't follow the git or IRC:

A few days ago, I merged most of was in my sylvain/testing branch into master.
It's now in a state where you can place a call on a BS11 or nanobts.

It took a while for me to go from the raw prototype from Dieter to a
state I was happy with. (especially because I wanted to understand the
purpose of every line I was rewriting since my main goal is to learn
:) There were also some extensions (mode switching / bugs fixes /
partial HR support / ...).

There are still somethings that are only in my testing/ because
they're hacks (or even missing):
 - SIM support: The code is clearly [WIP]. I may get to cleaning it
myself at some point, but that's not a priority for me ...
 - TS change fixup: There is a bug when going from a high TS to a low
TS that's tricky to fix. I'm still thinking about the best way to
handle this. There is a hack to work around it in my testing branch.
This case can't happen on nanoBTS or BS-11 but it may happen on a real
network.
 - TOA loop: I want to check if I can re-use the common code from our
AFC/AGC loop rather than adding some other regulation stuff.
 - Enabling HR: Well ... it doesn't work yet, so no point in putting
it in master :)

All theses will be added when I have the time to do it.

Cheers,

    Sylvain Munaut