cross-compiling osmocom on mac os x

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Oct 24 18:27:31 UTC 2010

jakob borg wrote:
> checking for arm-elf-linux-gcc... arm-elf-gcc
..
> any idea what i might be doing wrong?

configure should not be checking for arm-elf-linux-gcc. In particular
the linux part is very wrong, but in general you should instead try
to use --host=arm-none-eabi.

This requires another toolchain obviously. I have a script somewhere
that I will try to dig out. It worked on MacOS X in August.

In particular everything in macports is unusable.

> has anybody successfully cross-compiled the arm part of osmocom-bb
> on osx?

No, but other ARM bare metal binaries.

//Peter