osmocom on windows

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Thu Oct 7 15:09:05 UTC 2010

Hello Mihai,

On Thu, 7 Oct 2010 05:25:27 -0700 (PDT), "eisencah eisenach" <wbg_1000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> PS. The thing is I've done windows programming up until now, but maybe I
> should adapt instead of trying to the sw :)

I am mainly doing Windows software development, but I don't see any
benefits from spending lots of time to adopt C language specific things
in the source code so that it compiles with the MS compiler (be it either
gcc specific language features or missing language features in the MS
compiler).

So I use Cygwin which also emulates at least those Unix specific features
used in OpenBSC/OsmocomBB/Airprobe. And the C standard libraries are not
that different that you won't understand what is going on.

Best regards,
  Dieter
Dieter Spaar, Germany                           spaar at mirider.augusta.de