OsmocomBB.TCH.

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sun Oct 3 21:22:39 UTC 2010

Marten Christophe wrote:
> I can see you all are too busy to give this osmocombb a final shape.

I think you misunderstand the way open source works.

If *you* want OsmocomBB to have some particular shape, then it is
*your* responsibility to make that happen.

Also keep in mind that a lot of open source work is done on people's
spare time, for free, for fun, which of course again means that *you*
yourself have to make the project suit *your* needs. You can only do
so in close cooperation with the project members, if you go out on
your own and do this without any collaboration then you have created
what is called a fork, and your changes will most likely not be
accepted into the project.

Maybe this means that open source is not an acceptable way for you to
work. Too bad, I think it could save a lot of time, and life is short.

//Peter