Regarding the cable from Dealextreme

Harald Welte laforge at
Thu Mar 18 00:18:40 UTC 2010

Hi Lubomir,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 01:00:44AM +0100, Lubomir Schmidt wrote:
> How can i change the cable to get it working? What is a
> level-converter and where can i get such?

You need something like a MAX3232 to convert between 9V and 3.3V levels
for both directions.  You can find many example schematics on the net.

Since you don't seem to know anything about it, I recommend simply
buying a different cable.

- Harald Welte <laforge at> 
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
                                                  (ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)

More information about the baseband-devel mailing list