C123 crashing (?)

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Fri Mar 12 12:44:06 UTC 2010

On Friday 12 March 2010 12:06:07 Patrick McHardy wrote:

> Received PROMPT1 from phone, responding with CMD
> read_file(/tmp/harald/l1test.bin): file_size=37000, hdr_len=4,
> dnload_len=37007

Hi,
interesting. My conclusion would be you are jumping directly into the reset
vector without having and data/instruction abort? This would mean we directly
jump to 0x0 or wherever the reset vector is located at?

Debug proposals/ideas... maybe you have tried all these:
	- Is Hello World surviving?
	- If hello world is working, maybe your GSM neighborhood makes our
          app just crash? Can you remove the antenna or go to a basement?
	- The calypso has a special debug FIFO remembering the latest
          instruction and data fetches, prom wrote some support for it... I'm
          not sure it will survive the soft reset you are seeing... IIRC we
          are relocating the vector tables, so we should be able to dump it
          after a reset (in case the content survives that)?

sorry for the wild guesses, I have no idea if that is of any use.

	z.