Calypso DSP reverse engineering front ...

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Mar 19 03:49:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:48:16PM +0100, Sylvain Munaut wrote:
> Now that my IDA works nicely with the code. I started really digging
> into what it does.

thanks for your update.

> It's also interesting to note that the raw IQ values should still be
> in the API zone after demodulation :)

This is interesting, but almost expected.  As far as I understand it,
the DMA from the BSP can only transfer into the API RAM.  So unless that
portion of API ram is reused, the values inevitably still have to be
there.

> * Third, when looking at the code, it sometimes look like a mess ...
> there is no calling convention that I can see, every function seem to
> have it's own way of making.

It is normal for such code to be hand-crafted DSP assembly, so I'm not
surprised you won't see fixed calling conventions like a compiler would
generate (or a mixed C / assembly project would require).