status layer 3

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Mon Mar 1 10:45:15 UTC 2010

On Monday 01 March 2010 09:47:27 Harald Welte wrote:

> 5) classmark1 lsb/msb twisted:
>
> I have no idea  :)

Some of our OpenBSC structures don't work nicely on MSB machines. This means
we have to write our bitfields the other way around for that. It would be nice
if we could have a macro or such to do it...

> 6) lchan/ms mapping.
>
> I don't have a clear idea on this either.  I'm not so sure if the 'lchan'
> concept makes much sense in a phone at all.  A phone typically only uses
> one dedicated channel at any given point - with corner cases in the event
> of a handover, where we 'switch back' to the old channel if establishing
> the new channel fails.

I would go for a primitive "lchan" that layer2 can operate on. In some cases
we need to know the chan type on LAPDm for timeouts, retries... and for the
case of the assignment command and such we need to move a LAPDm "session" from
one chan to another and back again.