Layer2 Wireshark integration
laforge at gnumonks.org
Fri Feb 19 22:10:05 UTC 2010
I've recycled the old GSMTAP wireshark plugin that I originally wrote
for project airprobe.
Using this patch (now in our git tree as well, applies against current
wireshark svn) and the layer2 host program as well as the l1test.bin target
program, you can watch BCCH messages in realtime.
The architecture is like this:
* DSP forwards decoded normal burst data to layer1/sync.c
* layer1/sync.c generates L1A_L23 protocol message and sends it
via the SERCOMM HDLC layer over RS232
* "osmocon" receives the HDLC frame and relays it to the Unix domain
* "layer2" receives the L1A_L23 protocol message on the Unix domain
socket, adds a GSMTAP header and sends it to the GSMTAP UDP port on
* wireshark captures on the 'lo' interface and calls the GSMTAP dissector
plugin for everything received on the GSMTAP UDP port number.
- Harald Welte <laforge at gnumonks.org> http://laforge.gnumonks.org/
"Privacy in residential applications is a desirable marketing option."
(ETSI EN 300 175-7 Ch. A6)
More information about the baseband-devel