different behaviour when osmocom-bb runs on c155 and c115

ste7an ste7an at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 21:20:16 UTC 2010

When running the layer23/mobile host application in combination with layer1
firmware on a c115 (compal_e88 based) I can easily connect with a network
(when using Sylvain's test trunk, which supports the SIM very well!).
However, running the same code on the C155 (compal_e99 based) the phone
refuses to connect to the network and keeps scanning ARFCN's. Is there any
real difference between these phones except for the LCD's? In
rffe_dualband.c I see a remark about the value of SYSTEM_INHERENT_GAIN that
has been measured by Harald on the C123. May that be a different value for
the C155? Is this a problem observed by others, or is there a workaround?