Qualcomm documentation

Frank A. Stevenson frank at hvitehus.no
Mon Dec 13 07:22:29 UTC 2010

My advice to you would be to nip this idea in the bud so to speak. I have
extensive knowledge of the Qualcomm platform. You will find that the low
level radio stuff is handled at the DSP level, and there is some good
layer1,2,3 code that interfaces with the DSP. However above this level
code quality quickly goes south. (Making it very hard to work with)

On the Android devices, I suspect that Linux is running in user space
under the L4 microkernel that now powers all Qualcomm devices. And they
layer123 API will be inaccessible from Linux, which can only communicate
to the legacy code through supplied APIs & L4 intraprocess communication.

Even if you could build from source, what you suggest would be a daunting
task :-o

regards,
Frank