OsmoDevCon 2018 schedule planning

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Dec 4 12:23:47 UTC 2017

Dear Osmocom Community,

[please respect the Reply-To and post all follow-up discussion to this
 to openbsc at lists.osmocom.org, so we avoid having long threads
 cross-posted to several mailing lists.]

Like every year in early December, it is time to discuss as schedule for
OsmoDevCon in the upcoming year.

Note: Ths is about OsmoDevCon, the more private meeting of developers,
*NOT* about OsmoCon, the public conference.

== When, Who, Where ==

I propose the following date for OsmoDevCon 2018:
	April 20 - April 23rd, 2018

* Who: Active developers/contributors of Osmocom projects (as usual)
* Where: IN-Berlin, Berlin (as usual)

Please let me know ASAP if that proposed date works for everyone who'd
want to attend.  We can still change it now, but I would want to nail
down the date pretty soon.

== Format ==

After the experiment of reducing from 4 to 3 days last year (due to
OsmoCon), we will again go for *four days* in 2018.

However, we should clearly divide the days in a way that e.g. "GSM/3G"
topics are on two days, while SDR+Other topics are on the other days, so
people not interested in some topics can skip one or two days, as
needed.

We could even divide it further like:
* 1 day 3GPP RAN (osmo-bts, osmo-bsc, osmo-pcu, virt_phy, fake_trx, ...)
* 1 day 3GPP CN (osmo-msc, osmo-hlr, osmo-sip-connector, nextepc, etc.)
* 2 days misc

Regards, and looking forward to meeting you [again] in 2018,