umtrx - OpenBTS UMTS Support

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 15:58:07 UTC 2015

Amber & Sarosh,

UmTRX should work fine with the standard OpenBTS. If it doesn't, you
can try to use osmo-trx as a transceiver instead of a standard OpenBTS
transceiver. OsmoTRX has a lot of improvements compared to the latter.

We don't have any special branch for OpenBTS-UMTS, as we haven't tried
it ourselves. The only issue I can see is if OpenBTS-UMTS transceiver
doesn't support our sample rate. In that case one will need to add a
resampler to the code (borrowing one from osmo-trx shold work).

Patches and sharing experience is more than welcome.

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 2:57 AM, Amber and Sarosh
<amber_sarosh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
> OpenBTS(2G) has a separate branch at
> https://github.com/fairwaves/openbts-2.8 with all the required changes to
> run OpenBTS with umtrx hardware. Is there any such source available for
> running OpenBTS-UMTS(3G) with umtrx as well?
>
> Regards,
> Amber & Sarosh
>

> ________________________________
> Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 05:17:14 -0800
> Subject: Re: umtrx - OpenBTS UMTS Support
> From: andy.avtushenko at gmail.com
> To: amber_sarosh at hotmail.com
> CC: alexander.chemeris at gmail.com; umtrx at lists.osmocom.org; tom at tsou.cc;
> arthur.rabate at gmail.com; michael.iedema at rangenetworks.com
>

> Hi Amber and Sarosh.
> UmTRX will work with OpenBTS-UMTS
> You can find all related information
> http://openbts.org/w/index.php/OpenBTS-UMTS
> I've attached getting started with OpenBTS, you will find a lot of useful
> information regarding OpenBTS software as well
> Thanks

> Hi
> Can you please confirm if umtrx works with OpenBTS-UMTS version?
>
> Regards,
> Amber & Sarosh
>

> --
> Best regards,