osmobts multiple bts

arif arif.i84 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 11:29:42 UTC 2014

Tom Tsou <tom <at> tsou.cc> writes:

> On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 12:18 PM, Yavuz Mert <yavuzmertt <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Can I use the two transceivers of UmTrx as two different BTS using
osmobts-trx
> > and osmo-trx.(Having different ipa-unit-id's)
> > I considered running single osmo-trx and two instances of osmobts-trx which
> > would require hacking UDP port numbers for clock, ctrl and data ports,
sending
> > clock indication to both osmobts-trx instances from osmo-trx.
> > Or maybe there is already a saner method i could not figure
>
> Right now you can only drive the separate RF paths as two TRX units
> controlled by one osmobts instance. Communicating with each TRX
> independently with multiple osmobts instances is not supported. The
> reason for this is that are some operations (e.g. thread setup) that
> are tied to TRX0 with the expectation of a single C0 setup rather than
> completely independent configuration of channels.
>
>  -TT

Hi Tom,

Can you please elaborate a little "how can i drive the seperate RF paths as
two TRX units controlled by one osmobts instance?"

i have tried setting the configuration file for osmobts-trx (osmo-bts.cfg)
by adding 'trx 1' section at the end, but i got an error when starting
osmobts. i was not able to find any documentation regarding this setup.

further fairwaves umtrx hardware supports 2 seperate RF paths, does that
mean that i can use fairwaves umtrx hardware with single osmo-trx and single
osmobts instance?

thanks,
Arif