Crash of UmTRX transceiver with dual TRX

Thomas Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Mon Jul 8 13:07:44 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:58 PM, Andreas Eversberg <andreas at eversberg.eu> wrote:
> Andreas Eversberg wrote:
>> Jul  8 14:30:17 openbsc transceiver: ERR 3051318080 14:30:17.1
>> UHDDevice.cpp:774:readSamples: Number of requested channels does not
>> match build
> got it working. just started transceiver with option "2".

Great. I will create a patch to dynamically handle the single channel
case. Currently it's hard coded at build time.

> now i got the following problem while provisioning second trx: (debug
> output of osmo-bts)
>
> trx_if.c:362 transceiver rejected TRX command with response: 'RSP SETTSC
> 1 7' (trx 1)

The transceiver control portion is setup for OpenBTS, which expects
that the TSC value is set statically for all TRX's. It's rejecting
because the TSC value is being set twice; more specifically, the
OpenBTS assumption is that these are set once before power on. This
needs to be changed.

Should we now assume that each TRX is setup an independent manner?

  Thomas