UmTRX/LMS6002D specific GUI for GnuRadio

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 17:31:42 UTC 2013

Hi all,

For the purpose of tuning our Rx performance I've started putting
together an UmTRX specific GUI for GnuRadio. Source code is published
on github and will be gradually developed there. As usual, patches and
improvements are welcome:
https://github.com/chemeris/umtrx_scripts

GUI
===

GUI code is located at 'gui' directory. At this moment it is very
basic and has FFT, waterfall and scope views together with a minimal
set of controls for the Rx side of LMS6002D.

Type './umtrx_fft.py --help' to get a list of command-line options.

Note, that you have to select Rx channel from the command line.

If you want to run an LMS control GUI without spectrum display you
could run './lms_ctrl_panel.py' from 'python_lib' directory.

Screenshots are attached:
  umtrx_fft.png - FFT view (default)
  umtrx_fft_waterfall.png - Waterfall view
  umtrx_ctrl_panel.png

Library
=====

Our Python library is under the 'python_lib' directory. It consists of
three parts:

* umtrx_ctrl.py - Base library which defines primitives for LMS SPI
control and UmTRX network discovery. It is pretty well abstracted, so
you cuold replace it with your own implementation if you want to talk
to some other board with LMS6002D chip, e.g. MyriadRF.

* umtrx_lms.py - library which implements all our LMS control logic.

 * lms_ctrl_panel.py - implementation of the LMS control panel. Also
could be used as a standalone control app for LMS.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио