osmo-bts-trx compilation

stephane at shimaore.net stephane at shimaore.net
Wed Dec 25 22:10:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

I battled with osmo-bts-trx this afternoon; it didn't want to build with
old (at least not any I tried) nor recent libosmocore, so I ended up
using a chainsaw and cutting pieces out of it. The outcome is here:
  https://github.com/shimaore/osmo-bts
You can see what I had to remove here:
  https://github.com/shimaore/osmo-bts/commit/b5ac1c000e6d7bea57f7c1d8d47f43f9c18261de

This version builds with libosmocore etc `master` revisions.(*)
Once compiled this gives me a piece of software that starts and prints
out messages on the console, and apparently connects to the transceiver
on one side, and to osmo-bsc on the other side.

Anyhow, sending this out in hope this might save someone else a few
hours. :}
S.

(*)  The `abis` and `rsl` code are completely different in recent
     libosmocore, I suspect this build uses the old `abis` code embedded
     inside osmo-bts. The sysmo-bts code was updated, but not the
     trx-bts code.

--
Stéphane Alnet -- Telecom Artisan. OpenSource Advocate.
Development and integration for FreeSwitch, OpenSIPS, CouchDB, Node.js.