UmTRX Digest, Vol 4, Issue 35

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:18:39 UTC 2012

Hi Jean-Samuel,

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Jean-Samuel Najnudel - BJT PARTNERS
SARL <jsn at bjtpartners.com> wrote:
> I am not sure we would need a specific design for PoE.
> We could also keep our current design and provide a PoE splitter with a plug
> adaptor.
> This would let us keep our current design and make the UmTRX work with PoE.

Yes, that's what we could do initially, it's not something we need
urgently. The discussion is whether we should consider this for some
later revision of UmTRX.

The concern about a separate PoE splitter is that it might reduce
overall system reliability. OTOH, it's easier to replace a broken
separate PoE splitter then replace the whole UmTRX if built-in PoE is
broken. AT the same time, separate PoE is more expensive and require
more space. Thus it's not clear to me whether a built-in PoE would be
a benefit or not.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио