UmTRX power adaptor

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 12:03:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

UmTRXv2 samples for early adopters should be ready in just few weeks
and we're looking at what to put an a package. Below is a preliminary
list of items which I think we should include. Please comment on the
list and suggest particular items:

 1. Power supply, 12V-18V DC, >=20W.
I think it's easier to find a PSU with a standard round DC connector,
like this one and thus we need a converter cable to our Molex power
connector.
http://domino2.kycon.com/catalog_PDF/KLDX_SMT2.pdf

 2. Converter cable from the Molex power connector to a standard round
DC connector.

 3. U.FL-to-SMA-F pigtail cable.

 4. Two small antennas - omni or patch. One for Tx and one for Rx.

Below is a list of items which are non-essential and which we unlikely
to include in the package for this batch. We do no have them ready yet
and we don't want to delay shipping.  We focus our effort on polishing
UmTRX and UmSEL performance and software development which we see as a
more important tasks at this moment.

 1. Duplexer. Without a power amplifier UmTRXv2 is pretty low-power
(50-100mW) and thus it works good enough without a duplexer in a
normal environment. For our testing we use two small antennas - one
for Rx and one for Tx without any issues.

 2. Enclosure. We'd love to have a nice table-top enclosure for UmTRX,
but it requires a significant effort to source, design and assemble.

 3. UmSEL. It's not clear whether we will have UmSEL production setup
in time. Software to control UmSEL is yet to be developed as well.
Since it's only an improvement frontend, I don't think we should
include it into the basic package.

If you want to help us make those items faster - by all means feel
free to offer your help! :)
 * If you provide a valuable contribution, you'll get the item you're
contributed to for free.
 * If you provide significant contributions on a regular basis, you'll
get all our future hardware versions for free and recognition on the
web-site.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио