Open-source telecom t-shirts

Robin Coxe coxe at close-haul.com
Fri Oct 19 13:57:27 UTC 2012

Hello UmTRX list.   We've started a discussion about open source telecom
t-shirts.   From Alexander:

I think we should start making t-shirts to support open-source telecom
(and our project). I've posted a call for ideas in my Russian blog -
please contribute! In English too!
http://openbts.chemeris.ru/2012/10/reklama-open-source-telecom/

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 8:42 AM, Alexander Chemeris <
alexander.chemeris at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Robin Coxe <coxe at close-haul.com> wrote:
> > How about a visual Open Source Telecom T-shirt?
>
> Yes, that would be great!
>
> > Icon of a cell phone + Open Source Hardware Logo =  Smiley Face or some
> > similarly happy icon
>
> Hum, i don't like equations like this, but we could play with this idea.

Just the first thought that popped into my head.  I'm not overly attached
to it.   I'm sure someone can up with a better visual representation of
Open Source Telecom.

> > It would require no translation....  Or you could print Open Source
> Telecom
> > (I would not hyphenate) in Russian, English, French, Spanish, Swahili
> etc. on the back.
>
> Problem is that at least in Russian there are no really good good
> translation for "open-source". :(

You should create a word.

> > Also, avoid black and white t-shirts.
>
> You mean background color? Why?
> I love white t-shirts :)

Yes, background color.  I like white t-shirts too, but I always spill
coffee on them.  A slightly darker shade, say grey, masks stains.

--
Robin Coxe  |  Close-Haul Communications, Inc.  |  Boston, MA
+1-617-470-8825