The need of duplexer in low power operation

Sylvain Munaut 246tnt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 11:10:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

>> nanoBTS has both side. You can clearly see them here :
>> http://openbsc.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/nanoBTS/Internals
>> sysmoBTS I know has RX filters, I don't remember about TX.
>
> Hum, I don't see how is that different from a duplexer if they have
> both Rx and Tx filters. Do you know any particular reason for this
> design?

It still exposes independent TX and RX lines allowing for external
amplification / filtering if required.

Also in a duplexer you have a direct electrical connection rather than
TX->RX radiation which means you need much more attenuation (often
requiring the duplexer + subsequent band pass filters).

Cheers,

    Sylvain