UmTRXv2-- it's alive!

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 14:01:51 UTC 2012

Martin,

If you speak about US, then I doubt this is hardly possible to deploy
OpenBTS/UmTRX in an easy fashion because of the spectrum regulation. All
GSM spectrum belongs to big carriers and they won't allow you to use it.
The only way to go I'm aware of is to setup an MVNO with one of the
carriers, but this is extremely hard to negotiate and requires a good pile
of money.

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Martin O'Shield <martin at windycitysdr.com>wrote:

> Robin,
>

> I've been at a couple of " Commodities Houses " here in Chicago explaining
> to them both about me efforts in creating a  Commodity Exchange, as well as
> the technology I shall be putting into place.  Namely, the UmTRX will be
> the communications systems I utilize :)
>
> Eagerly awaiting!
>
> Sincerely,
>

> Martin
>

> On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 10:39 AM, Robin Coxe <coxe at close-haul.com> wrote:
>
>> Alexander is visiting Boston after the Open Hardware Summit last week in
>> NYC.   We powered up the umTRXv2 for the first time yesterday afternoon and
>> immediately captured a GSM signal on the Signal Hound after launching
>> OpenBTS.     Echo Test with the test handset worked like a charm.
>> Congratulations to the Fairwaves team!
>>
>> -Robin
>>
>> --
>> Robin Coxe  |  Close-Haul Communications, Inc.  |  Boston, MA
>> +1-617-470-8825
>>

> --
> [image:
> http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/5/1/f/6/highres_165320982.jpeg]