UmTRX Digest, Vol 4, Issue 45

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:23:45 UTC 2012

Darby,

I apologize for the delayed answer - I was traveling to US to do more
demonstrations of UmTRX.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 5:39 AM, Darby <darbysgoodies at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The only issue with passive cooling is that we need to make a good
>> contact between UmTRX and a case. And this requires careful selection
>> of a proper case and design of mounting. Again - if you or someone
>> else want to take on this task - we'd be happy use it.
>
> Hmm, Could be doable...   Its been a while since Ive done any 3D
> design, you know of anything in particular that's free & one could
> learn fairly quickly for a project such as this?

Unfortunately I don't know any - never looked at the 3D modeling tools.

I'm not sure whether you actually need a 3D design here? As I see it,
you select a proper existing case and just design front/rear panels
and drilling pattern for mounting. I may be wrong, though - I've never
done this before. I just worry that a fully custom case could be too
expensive in small quantities.

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио