Selectivity improvement solutions proposal for UmTRX

Andrey Sviyazov andreysviyaz at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 15:52:23 UTC 2012

Hi all!

I am again about far-near problem.

If we have heterodyne noise -135dBc/Hz at 600kHz offset (ADRF6601), then
for blocking signal at the same offset and at 200kHz RBW we get additional
noise level 135-53=72dBc relative to blocking signal level.
To keep "normal GSM900 BS" sensitivity -104dBm we must keep additional
noise as low as -107dBm, therefore blocking signal maximum level must less
then -107+73=-39dBm.
But in GSM-05.05 (sec 5.1) I saw blocking characteristics requirements for
normal BTS must be -26 dBm at 0.6-0.8 MHz offset and -16 dBm at 0.8-1.6 MHz
offset.
So, I do not know how and who can meet those requirements and I am really
hope that there are fundamental mistakes in my calculations.
Correct me please.

Best regards,
Andrey Sviyazov.

16 января 2012 г. 19:22 пользователь Jean-Samuel Najnudel - BJT PARTNERS