DC Offset vs temperature

Srdjan Milenkovic s.milenkovic at limemicro.com
Thu Jul 26 11:31:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

We need a bit more info to see what we can do to avoid at least cooling
fan as it is expensive.

1. Was that proper temperature chamber measurement or just Rx on/off?

2. I think we are talking about two issues called phase error here.
     2.a IQ phase error caused by LMS Tx/Rx PLLs alone
     2.b Modulation phase error

Item 2.a should not be affected by temperature so much In 900/1800MHz
frequency region. If we want to get it even better we can always make a
look up table vs temperature to correct IQ phase error from FPGA.

Item 2.b is affected by both 2.a and Tx DC cal. Tx DC cal has already
been addressed by Thomas.

Combining Thomas's idea of DC recalibration and, if necessary, making
look up table for IQ phase error correction vs temperature should put us
in good position to meet the specs.