LMS TxLO noise

Andrey Sviyazov andrey.sviyazov at fairwaves.ru
Thu Jul 19 14:10:56 UTC 2012

Hi all.

I've found spurs on the LO noise plot at  ~33kHz and ~66kHz offset when GPS
antenna used and position locked.
This spurs begin grow up when GPS just near to lock position and after
locking spurs stopped to grow as you can see at picture.
If thereafter GPS disconnected then noise coming back to normal plot.
I think that it is result of 32768Hz clock in the GPS module EB-230, but
can't understant how it can impact to 26MHz clock or VCO.
Please tell me something who know.

Thomas.
Was GPS antenna connected when noise measured like on the picture which you
sent us (also attached here)?
I would to know because of anomal peak near to 30kHz offset too.

Best regards,
Andrey Sviyazov.