Building firmware

stephane at shimaore.net stephane at shimaore.net
Thu Dec 27 13:54:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

While I'm waiting for my umtrx to show up, I'm following the "let's play
newbie" route and trying to use the instructions on
  https://code.google.com/p/umtrx/wiki/BuildingUHD

I got stuck for a short while on step #2. It would probably be useful
to add at the beginning of step 2 something like:

    git clone git://github.com/chemeris/UHD-Fairwaves.git

Also I see the FPGA instructions use ISE 14.2, should I download that
version rather than the more recent one (14.4) on Xilinx' site?

Finally, is the Ethernet flashing going to work off-the-box on the beta
umtrx or is it better I buy a JTAG cable? In that later case is the
Digilent HS-1 the recommended cable?
S.