UmTRX beta aka Limited Edition sales start!

Alexander Chemeris alexander.chemeris at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 14:37:55 UTC 2012

Dear all,

We want to make a Christmas gift for the community and it's my
pleasure to announce the start of sales of UmTRXv2 beta samples aka
Limited Edition.

What is UmTRX?
==============

UmTRX is an SDR transceiver, which we, Fairwaves, developed
specifically for OpenBTS. It's similar to USRPs, but is heavily
modified to be the best hardware for OpenBTS. More details are
available at the project web-site:
https://code.google.com/p/umtrx/

Ordering and Shipping
=====================

To claim your UmTRXv2 Limited Edition, please fill in this form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGVHNlNDaXVoSHp2eC1EcVFPcXFXLWc6MQ
You will receive a payment link shortly after we receive your answer.
The shipping cost will be estimated when we have everything ready for
shipping, we'll contact you again by then.

There are only 14 units in this Limited Edition batch, so we allow you
to claim only 1 or 2 units.

The base price for a UmTRX is $1500 just as we promised. Since we are
relying on your support to fund further development, we encourage you
to donate an additional amount. You donations are critical for us to
produce the best ever hardware for OpenBTS. The 5 highest pledgers
will become the proud owners of UmTRX Serial Numbers 1 through 5 and
will be recognized on the UmTRX project site.

Shipping will be from Paris, France with FedEx or some other express
carrier. We plan to ship as soon as we receive orders for all 14
units, so the shipping date is not fixed yet. We'll contact you when
we fix it.

What does "beta" mean?
======================

Hardware is fully functional, as far as we could tell. There may be
further improvements in quality, but in its current form it works
smoothly for laboratory testing.

Software is what makes it "beta":
 * Only 1st channel is supported in the software at this moment.
 * Not all LMS6002D controls are properly integrated into the software.
 * Safe/production bitstreams switching is not working in the FPGA yet.
 * Result of the TCXO frequency synchronization from GPS is not stored
to EEPROM.
 * I/Q imbalance and DC leakage calibration are not automatic.

We accept patches to fix these and other issues. You participation
will make the stable release closer. ;)

The software is based on UHD from Etttus Research, so if you're
familiar with it, it'll be easy for you to get into.

UmTRXv2 package contents
========================

 * UmTRXv2, flashed and ready to use.
 * Power supply, 12V/30W - http://www.phihong.com/assets/pdf/PSAC30U.pdf
Note, that it comes without a 220V power cord. Make sure to prepare
one before you receive the UmTRX to be able to power it on
immediately. ;)
 * Converter cable from a Molex power connector to a standard round DC
connector.
 * U.FL-to-SMA-F pigtail cables
 * Two small antennas - one for Tx and one for Rx.
 * An Open-Source Telecom T-shirt! (see the picture attached)

Feedback
=======

Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, suggestion or
comment. We love your feedback!

CEO, Fairwaves LLC / ООО УмРадио