Burst start/end phase error

Thomas Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Fri Dec 7 08:28:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 10:13 PM, Thomas Tsou <tom at tsou.cc> wrote:
> Please try the last commit at
>
>   git://github.com/ttsou/openbts-p2.8.git laurent
>
> I tested with 4 samples per symbol as we did in the past. Reducing the
> start/end phase error involved adding bits so that there is no partial
> phase transition to/from nothing. We then zero out the excess bits
> with a simple power mask.

It turns out that the transmit tester likes this signal, but my
handsets do not; they do not even recognize it. Perhaps this form of
testing is not as reliable as I thought.

So I reverted the commit to handle start/end phase errors. I also
setup the correlators with single pulse (I see no benefit for the more
complicated modulator on receive), and set timing for 4sps. I receive
RA and normal bursts fine. The start/end transients will need to be
handled a different way.

  Thomas